I’ve made this a few times before and basically hated it each time. But today, I went for a new cheese – Sainsbury’s “Deliciously free from” cheddar style vegan cheese. Or as it’s otherwise known, Gary. Someone went on a big fuckoff rant about how vegans shouldn’t call it cheese because it’s not cheese, so the internet called it Gary instead. Wonderful.
Anyway, it’s quick, easy, and tasty! I cheat and use Tesco pizza base mix because it saves HOURS in resting time. Also, you can make the sauce however you want, but this is my recipe.
Ingredients -serves 1/2
- 1 pack Pizza Base Mix
- 200ml passata
- Dollop of Malaysian Chilli Sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- Grated Sainsbury’s deliciously free from cheddar style cheese
- Grated Violife Prosociano
- Preheat oven to gas 7/220c.
- Make the pizza base mix as instructed.
- While the shaped dough is resting, mix all tomato-ey and herby ingredients together to make the sauce.
- After 15 minutes, spread all over the top.
- Grate your desired amount of vegan cheese on top and add a few herbs. And whatever toppings you want. As long as it’s not pineapple – philistines.
- Cook for 15-20 mins depending on how crispy you like it and enjoy!