I’ve never made chilli before, but I’ve had it at Amy’s house before, so I gave it a go using Jamie Oliver’s recipe, but with heavy modifications.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 2x tinned tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander leaf, plus extra for topping
- 2 handfuls frozen peppers
- 200g Asda’s meat free soy mince
- 30ml soya cream
- Grated Gary (Sainsbury’s dairy free cheese)
- Fry up the mince and frozen peppers together in olive oil.
- Add the spices, garlic cloves and various powders
- Drain the beans and add into the mix
- Pour over the two cans of tomato.
- Reduce for 25-30 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking, make up some rice or tortillas!
- Dish up your chilli, pour over some vegan cream, grate the Gary and serve!