These cookies went down a real storm at work, and they’re the easiest vegan cookies you’ll ever make; you’ll probably have all the ingredients already.
- 315g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 175g-200g vegan chocolate chips
- 125 sugar – half caster, half soft brown
- 115ml sunflower/vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 115ml soy/almond milk
- Colourful sprinkles (for fun)
- Line two trays with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. Make a well in the centre and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar, oil, vanilla and non-dairy milk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix well with a spatula but don’t overwork the dough otherwise it will be a nightmare to place onto the baking sheets.
- Spoon dough onto baking sheet in tablespoon sized scoops: it’ll probably make between 18 and 22.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking constantly. They will get a bit brown on the top but not too much. They’ll be done when they’re a bit softer than what you want them to be: they will harden up quite a bit when they cool.
- After about 5 minutes, transfer to wire cooling racks with a spatula. If they start to crumble when you transfer them, leave them on the hot baking sheet for another two minutes.